Please read the following carefully to understand our use of your personal data.
This policy was last updated on 2 March 2018.
We have compiled a table which sets out the categories of personal data we collect, the purposes for which we process such personal data and the recipients of such data.
- IP address from which the device accesses our server
- Device ID/IDFA
- Device screen size
- Device model
- Device operating system
- Actions that the user takes inside the mobile app (e.g. deal clicked, offer selected, coupon redeemed)
- Date and time of offer redemption;
- Latitude and longitude in relation to the location where the offer was redeemed
- User’s office location (if provided by the user)
- To provide our services
- To administer our App
- Internal operations (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes)
- To ensure the proper functioning and security of our App
- To optimise and personalise the user experience on the App
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries
- Data centres, hosting providers, technology security providers and attribution service providers. Please see this link for more detail
- Our retail partners (we only share information with the retailer whose coupon you have requested). Our retail partners are listed in full on the App
- Facebook ID and page URL
- Email address
- Facebook profile picture
- Page likes on Facebook
We may provide retail partners access to further aggregated and anonymised data. This information will not contain any of our users' personal data.
We collect personal data in broadly three ways; (a) through our App; and (b) through Wi-Fi, mobile phone masts, beacons and other in-store technology; (c) through social media providers. We assign each user a unique identifier (nez User ID) which allows us to confirm when a user requests services through our App (including their preferences).
App. We collect information about the device you are using to connect to the services on our App or any interactive content we may provide. This includes the type of device you use, your internet browser, your location based on the unique identifier for your device such as an Internet Protocol address (IP address) or a code for an App running on your device (as set out above).
Social Media Applications. If you choose to login through your social media accounts, the social media business may provide us with certain information about you (as set out above). We do not control these third-parties and you understand and agree that any Social Media Application’s use of information collected from you (or as authorized by you), and shared with other parties, is governed by the Social Media Application’s privacy policies, terms or service and your settings on the applicable Social Media Application(s).
In store technology. When you attend a retailer premises, we may also use technologies that connect to the functionality on your mobile device (such as Bluetooth and GPS) and collect information based on Wi-Fi, mobile phone masts, beacons and other in-store technology. The information collected in-store through your mobile device using these technologies also gives us aggregated and anonymous statistics about footfall traffic in retailer premises and information about the average user but it is not used for, or available to our retailer partners at an individual user level.
The legal basis on which we process your personal data is as follows:
- Where it is necessary to obtain your prior consent to the processing concerned in order for us to be allowed to do it (including in relation to location tracking and sending certain marketing material to you), we will obtain and rely on your consent in relation to the processing concerned (see below for how to withdraw your consent at any time).
- Otherwise, in relation to the data obtained in the above table (excluding in relation to location data and sending you certain types of marketing material), we will process your personal data where the processing is necessary:
- for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into such a contract; and/or
- for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or another person, provided that this will only be in circumstances in which those legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data (most circumstances in which we process your personal data in relation to a relationship that we have with the person that you work for will fall into this category).
We take all reasonable steps, as required by law, to ensure the safety, privacy and integrity of such data and information and, where appropriate, enter into contracts with such third parties to protect the privacy and integrity of such data and any information supplied.
Some of the cookies and other similar technologies used by the website and/or App are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. A list of these third parties, and the related cookies (where available), is available here.Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the website and/or App, you may not be able to take full advantage of the website and/or App.
- remember that you have visited us before. This means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get.
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website and/or App.
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the App (including how long you spend on the website and/or App) and where you have come to the website and/or App from, so that we can improve the website and/or App and learn which parts of the website and/or App are most popular with users.
- Allow us to confirm that you have signed up to use our services and your user preferences
We may disclose a user's personal data to third parties:
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of nez, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We process personal data only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in the table above, after which it will be deleted except to the extent that it is necessary for us to continue to process it for the purpose of compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject or for another legitimate and lawful purpose.
- You may request access to the personal data concerned (please see the section on obtaining access to your personal data, below).
- You may request that any incorrect personal data about you that we are processing be rectified.
- In certain circumstances (normally where the personal data has been provided by you and it is no longer necessary for us to continue to process it), you may be entitled to request that we erase the personal data concerned subject to some specific legal reasons we may have to retain certain data relating to you.
- Where we are processing personal data relating to you on the basis of your prior consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time, after which we shall stop the processing concerned.
- If you have a complaint about any processing of your personal data being conducted by us, you can contact us or lodge a formal compliant with the Information Commissioner.
In relation to any processing of your personal data, that we do with your consent, you can withdraw such consent at any time:
- By firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- In the case of mobile device location services, you can change your location preferences at any time by managing your device settings.
You can exercise your right of access to your personal data:Please note that we may be required to ask you for further information in order to confirm your identity before we provide the information requested.
Our full details are:
nez LimitedFloor 361 Tottenham Court RoadLondonW1T 2EPinfo@joinnez.com
The Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the UK and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.